Stockton Shelter for the Homeless provides emergency shelter, food, clothing and related services to homeless families and individuals. When our rooms are full, we offer sleeping mats on the floor in our family shelter, single men’s shelter and day shelter. We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We never close, and we don’t turn away anyone seeking emergency shelter.
With support from our community, the mission of Stockton Shelter for the Homeless is to compassionately address the needs of homeless individuals and families by providing safe shelter, basic necessities, and a structured opportunity to regain self-sufficiency. Our primary focus is on emergency shelter and basic necessities. We could not accomplish our total mission without the help and support of everyone in our community.
We are continuously looking for new ways to improve or expand client services. If you have an idea about how Stockton Shelter can better serve our clients and the community, please contact us at (209) 465-3612.
Client services include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency shelter – providing a safe and secure place to sleep at night
- Day shelter – providing a safe and secure environment during the day
- Case management services in English & Spanish
- Clothing, personal hygiene items, sheets, towels, pillows, blankets, etc.
- Children’s items, such as car seats, playpens, diapers, formula, toys, etc.
- Comprehensive assistance for pregnant mothers and newborns
- Transportation assistance (emergency travel funds, bus passes and free bicycles)
- Transportation to and from school for homeless children – all shelter children are enrolled in school
- Transportation to and from local city and county services
- Referral assistance
- Drug screening and drug program access support
- 12 Step Program enrollment
- Court/client advocacy program that turns court fines into volunteer hours
- Transitional housing program for homeless individuals and families living with HIV/AIDS
- Transitional housing program for homeless veterans