We often make a list of items we want during the holidays. We plan our vacations and list out all the places we wish to go. We wish for newer and better things and hope for the best.
Sometimes when life becomes overwhelming, meeting the simplest needs are impossible and many are left without the basics.
For those whom we support and those that just need a helping hand to make it through the week, the Shelter ensures each person has the things they need; providing basic necessities makes a world of difference.
The Stockton Shelter for the Homeless has a wish list as well. The short list of items listed here are those items most in need to help in our day to day efforts to provide services. Many more items are needed, but we would greatly appreciate immediate assistance with securing the items below. Some of the items require a specific trade skill for installation. Should you like to donate your talents to install or maintain an area of our shelter, that would be greatly appreciated as well.
All items, as well as services are, 100% tax deductible.
We invite you to take a look at the things that are needed by the hundreds of men, women and children we serve every day. By helping us help our residents you are making a huge difference in their lives. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (209) 465-3612.
Items for Family Shelter and Men’s Shelter:
- New Pillows
- Twin sheets and blankets
- Towels and washcloths
- Toilet Paper
- Feminine hygiene products
- Hygiene products for men
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Laundry detergent
- Diapers, wipes and baby products
- Baby play pens
- Over-The-Counter medications, Lice shampoo and combs
- Bus passes (day and disabled day)
- New underwear – men, women and children
- Socks for men, women and children
- Razors, shave cream, nail clippers, new brushes and combs
- Coffee and Soda
- Hallway speaker/announcement system
- New twin vinyl mattresses for all of the beds
- New up to date computer software for all offices at the shelter
- New metal bunk beds
- Clean towels and blankets
Items for Homeless Veteran’s Shelter:
- New Pillows
- Twin Sheet Sets
- Towels and Washcloths
- Sleeping Bags
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Socks and Underwear
Contact HCHV Case Manager, Mabel King, at: (209) 289-7730 for more information on how you can help our homeless Veterans.